Business Development Manager
£Market leading salary + bonus, fully expenses BMW and other excellent benefits
Due to impressive growth over the past 3 years an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development Manager to manage the companies’ portfolio of national accounts and continue to “open doors” with targeted national retailers.
The successful candidate will recruit new retailers to distribute our brand and to build relationships with existing customers putting marketing plans in place for growth and broadening the range of our products in the accounts. As a result of the companies’ lead generation strategy, you will also follow up on qualified leads received through the companies’ website and through attending exhibitions.
You will also co-ordinate and drive the new product development initiatives between us, Thornton and Ross and STADA providing regular updates to all departments on the projects.
You will have excellent presentation skills as you will be required to plan and prepare company presentations for new and existing customers, with the ability to confidently communicate new product developments.
You will be based at the companies’ head office in Preston (up to 1 hour travel distance) but you will be required to travel throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company which is experiencing substantial growth. In return, you will receive first class product training and marketing support to give you every opportunity to add genuine value and sales growth to the organisation.
Requirements for Business Development Manager position:
• 2-3 years’ proven experience in a similar role within the retail sector / FMCG. Health industry / OTC experience would be advantageous.
• A proven track record of opening new business, hitting sales targets and developing long-term business strategies.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Highly numerate with the ability to calculate margins that meet the company objectives
• Used to working as part of a team to help achieve company objectives
• Commercially aware and an excellent communicator and negotiator
• Willingness to travel throughout the UK & Rep. of Ireland
• Enthusiastic, self-driven, hard-working and ambitious
• Commutable to Preston