Join Our Organic Movement To Change The World!
Clearspring is a family-owned, independent UK company based in west London, with the principal logistics warehouse in Holland.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food!
The Clearspring Office is based in Acton where we have newly refurbished open plan office with warehouse for our online shop and meeting place for suppliers, media and customers.
We distribute traditional foods to the health-food trade and major supermarkets in the UK, Europe, and Middle-East.
We work with specialist producers in Japan and Europe to develop authentic foods, certified organic whenever possible.
It really is all about food in the Clearspring office! We have a brand new large kitchen where all the magic happens…
We’re always looking for new colleagues to join our dynamic team and grow along with us to make the world a healthier place.
Job title: Sales Executive
Contract type: Full time Permanent
Reporting to: UK Accounts Manager
Start Date: ASAP
• Develop and manage existing sales and relations with Clearspring’s end customers – Independent retail, HORECA (Hotels, Restaurants, Catering), Convenience, wholesale
• Develop and manage new sales within the UK market
• Manage and maintain communications with Clearspring’s end customers
Develop and manage sales and relations with Clearspring’s end customers
• Maintain and develop sales by visiting retail/restaurant customers, introducing new products and maintaining presence on shelves.
• Maintain and develop sales by executing in-store activity in the form of tastings and events
• Ensure sales activities are executed and carried out on time and in line with wholesaler promotion and marketing plans
• Maintain our UK retailer database with relevant and up to date contact details and addresses
Develop and manage new sales within the UK market
• Identify and approach new retail or HORECA customers
• Set up new customers with the relevant wholesaler or set them up to deal directly with Clearspring if viable.
• Continuously help to update the “store locator” on the Clearspring webpage
Manage and maintain communications with Clearspring’s end customers
• Maintain communications with end customers by managing the creation and timely send outs of our retail newsletter and other relevant forms of communication
• Explore new methods of communicating with end customers to maximise engagement with Clearspring’s new products, promotions and relevant industry and company news.
The ideal candidate should:
• Be naturally eager to engage with all types of people
• Be eager to learn new processes, skills & techniques
• Be self-disciplined, timely and organised
General requirements for the position:
• A high level of fluency in English, both spoken and written, enabling the necessary direct business communication with all customers
• A standard level of numeracy in order to understand price structure
• Advance knowledge of MS excel and MS powerpoint
• Be willing to spend at least a third of their time visiting customers
• Driving license is necessary for customer visits
• Salary: £25k-30K per annum
• 20 days holiday per annum, increasing to 25 days after 3 years service
• Clearspring foods at 50% discount off retail for personal use.
• Company Pension Plan
We do not offer any Private Health Insurance. Currently, we do not have company cars, and employees using their own personal vehicles are reimbursed for business use.
Working Hours and Office Atmosphere
• Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.30, with one hour unpaid for lunch
• Clearspring is an independent company and this role is based in an office with 18 people in total.
• Occasional weekend work may be needed to attend shows / visit customers. This will be balanced by time off in lieu.
• Use of well equipped kitchen and food supplies