Superfood chocolate brand Doisy & Dam has become the 128th UK company to obtain B Corporation certification.
Commenting on the certification, co-founder Richard Wilkinson, says: “The B Corp certification has given us an opportunity to hold ourselves accountable to social and environmental standards in an open, honest and transparent way. We hope implementing this whilst we’re still small will enable us to evolve into a company which holds profit equal to its positive impact on the world. We believe there is a huge opportunity for us to do so much more and to build our business in such a way that we have a positive impact on the world.”
Specifically the company has committed to:
- Buying cocoa directly from source by 2018
- Owning its own plantation in Colombia by 2020
- Reducing its carbon footprint
- Making its packaging more sustainable
- Engendering an environment in which Doisy & Dam is synonymous with fulfilling work, a transparent and open culture and a shared stewardship of its impact goals
- Ensuring that the experience of its employees is positive, impactful and fulfilling.
“We are delighted that Doisy and Dam have certified as a B Corp and joined a global movement of companies using business as a force for good,” says Kate Sandle, community manager for UK B Corps. “By embedding their values into the heart of their business they are publicly demonstrating their commitment to have a positive impact on the world.”