Bitesize pieces of news from Natural Products News
- Intimate hygiene start-up Wype is launching a campaign on Indiegogo with a target of £20,000 on 4 May to create what it says is the world’s first refillable and reusable bespoke toilet gel applicator, an eco-friendly alternative to wet wipes.
- Rejuvenation Water’s new Immunity Health Pods combine turmeric, beetroot, prebiotic plant fibre, amino acids and vitamins C, D & E to offer immunity and gut health benefits. The Nespresso-compatible pods are 100% compostable.
- Riso Gallo is set to return to UK TV screens in April and May, following a successful campaign last year. The #RisottoCulture campaign will highlight the brand’s commitment to sustainable agriculture, certified FSC outer packaging and recyclable inner plastic packaging.
- Doughlicious has launched into Waitrose stores nationwide with three flavours of its ready-to-bake gluten-free cookie dough, including new Triple Chocolate Chip. The brand uses sustainably sourced ingredients with vegan and organic options available.
- Fearne & Rosie has revealed a new look for its reduced sugar jams and spreads for children. The design, created by Bun Studio, aims to bring to life the fun, feel-good personality of the brand with strong visuals and brighter, bolder graphics for greater shelf standout.
- The official peanut butter supplier for the Tokyo Olympic Games, Whole Earth, has announced its Team GB athlete ambassadors: Helen Glover OBE, double Olympic rowing champion; gymnast Joe Fraser; pole vaulting record holder Holly Bradshaw; and weight lifter Zoe Smith.
- Soulfresh has secured a national listing with Waitrose for its Nutty Bruce plant-based m*ilks, including its Activated Almond M*lk, Activated Almond & Oat M*lk and Oaty Bruce Unsweetened Oat M*lk.
- Purition has created an ‘enticingly aromatic’ Chai Latte, described as a heady blend of cardamom, nutmeg, Ceylon cinnamon and cloves to create a nutritional shake with warm, fragrant undertones.
- Australian drinks brand Nexba has launched its Kombucha in new 330ml cans for on-the-go consumption. The kombucha is 100% natural and sugar-free and comes in Mango and Mixed Berry Flavours.
- Marc Coloma, co-founder of plant-based meat alternative Heura, has been included in the prestigious 50 Next list of the next generation of leaders shaping the world of gastronomy for his work promoting a plant-based diet.
- Aiming to empower young children about how they can help save our seas, SOS Natural Fruit Snacks come in the shape of a marine pop-out puzzle and contain a collectable card with facts about the environment and sea animals. The snacks are available in Mango, Strawberry, Peach and Blackcurrant and come in 100% recyclable packaging.
- CEW UK has announced it will continue to be a lead partner of The Eve Appeal’s annual Get Lippy campaign in May which helps raise awareness of gynaecological cancers and break the taboos by encouraging people to talk about gynaecological health.
- Nottingham-based specialist coffee roaster and wholesaler 200 Degrees Coffee – which recently announced its 12th coffee shop which will open in Manchester in May – has welcomed Will Kenney as its new commercial director.
Image credit: Wype