Bite-size pieces of news from Natural Products News
- Following its participation in the London Mayor’s Better Futures+ Programme to assist businesses in getting to net zero by 2030, Stem & Glory has now pledged to become carbon negative by the end of 2021.
- This month Faith In Nature has launched a ‘Buy One Give One’ promotion through which for every 400ml Body Wash sold the brand will donate one to In Kind Direct, and for every 5l Body Wash sold, it will donate five 400ml Body Washes.
- Mrs Crimble’s is launching its first autumnal campaign, encouraging shoppers to relax with its gluten-free baked goods. Its digital activation titled #NoFilter encompasses a range of video animations across Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Co-op has announced a commitment to continue to spend more than 0.7% of its pre-tax profit to international aid and has joined forces with Fairtrade Africa and Fairtrade Foundation to support producers combating the effects of climate change.
- VAHDAM India has launched a Travel Collection of destination themed tea gift boxes, each containing nine blends capturing the essence of a city. The range includes Weekend in Paris and Weekend in Singapore.
- Cold pressed juice producer The Juice Executive has invested £1.1 million into a new high care juice manufacturing facility at its Chatham factory that will deliver five times more capacity.
- Green People’s Deodorising Prebiotic Foot Cream blends prebiotics and skin-calming phyto actives which bind moisture to the skin and fortifies feet against bacterial invasion and painful cracked heels.
- Hot on the heels of the announcement of Mario Patrocollo as chairman, Seaweed & Co has recruited food technology associate Sarah Hall to help support continued R&D.
- British brand Tidal Rum, which is made with sustainably sourced pepper dulse seaweed, has launched a Seedrs crowdfunding campaign. The brand has also created an Ocean Bottle, for each sale of which it will collect 1000 ocean-bound plastic bottles.
- Ocean Spray has introduced a range of Fibre Boost Cranberries to help consumers reach the recommended daily amount of fibre. The snacks come in Cranberry, Mango Flavoured Cranberry, Cherry Flavoured Cranberry and Orange Flavoured Cranberry.
- Central England Co-op has been named the only supermarket to be re-awarded three Carbon Trust Standards for reducing its carbon emissions, waste and water use for the fourth time.
- The European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit will be hosted online from 25-28 October and will discuss the evolution of sustainability issues in the cosmetics industry. More information can be found here.
- Artisan crisp brand Fairfields Farm has launched a seasonal Roast Turkey & Stuffing flavour for Christmas available in 40g and 150g packs.
- Following investment at this year’s Scottish EDGE awards, co-founders Mhairi Cochrane and Alison Wood have relaunched their sustainable period brand Floco with a new website and branding to take their social mission to the next level.
- Genie Drinks has launched its first TV ad campaign showcasing its vegan kombuchas and probiotic Live Sodas. Created by design agency Bulletproof, the campaign is part of Sky’s SME Support campaign.
- Wholey Moly has added a new Pistachio & Lemon Cookie to its healthier snacking line. Plant-based and gluten-free, the cookie has 50% less sugar than some other cookies and is packaged in recyclable paper.
- TREK has expanded its range of high protein POWER Bars with a Choc Orange variety. Containing 15g of protein the natural bar is made with 100% plant-based ingredients, is gluten-free and GM-free.
Image credit: Stem & Glory