The winners of the Sustainable Food Awards 2021 have been revealed at the Sustainable Foods Summit, organized by Ecovia Intelligence.
The winners were announced in a virtual ceremony, as judged by a panel of experts from within the sustainable food production, retail, consulting and research sectors.
Among the winners and runners up were five UK brands.
The results are as follows:
New Sustainable Product:
- Winner: Oh My Gum! (UK) Plant-based, compostable chewing gum made from chicle sap sourced from sapodilla trees in Mexico
- Runner up: OGGS (UK) aquafaba egg alternative
- Winner: Cabosse Naturals from Barry Callebaut Group (Switzerland) which represents a line of upcycled ingredients taken from cacao fruit
- Runner up: Solar Grown Raw Honey from Clif Bar Family Winery & Farm (USA)
- Winner: Sirane Earthwedge (UK) plastic-free, compostable, recyclable sandwich packs
- Runner up: Trivium Packaging (Netherlands) beverage bottles
- Winner: StreetCube (UK) for its sustainable street food gastronomy, through which shipping containers are upcycled into ‘semi-kitchens’ enabling chefs to serve sustainable food to the public
- Runner up: Riverford Organic Farmers (UK)
- Winner: Nature’s Path Foods (Canada), a pioneer in producing organic cereals on track to become a carbon neutral and zero waste organization while addressing social impact
- Runners up: AeroFarms (USA) and Pacari Chocolate (Ecuador).