Matt Chittock catches up with our industry change-makers.
This year the global pandemic has transformed our sector, maybe forever. But it’s also heightened the possibilities of natural beauty products.
Lockdown has inspired more consumers to take a long, hard look at the contents of their bathroom cabinets. And many have discovered that organic and natural formulations don’t just deepen the self-care rituals so essential for wellbeing in 2020 – they also had time to research how they’re better for people and the planet too.
Over the next few pages you will meet our industry’s pick of the people who are leading this seismic change in thinking. This year’s results cover every facet of our dynamic sector, from brand owners to formulators and educators to campaigners. Remember, whoever they are, they’re all here for one reason – you voted for them.
We hope you’ll join us in raising a virtual glass to some of the planet’s true natural and organic beauty pioneers.
The Who’s Who in Natural Beauty 2020:
- THE NATURAL LEADER: Lorraine Dallmeier, CEO, Formula Botanica
- THE WELEDA WONDER WOMAN: Jayn Sterland, MD, Weleda UK
- THE DYNAMIC DUO: Alex and Kim Barani, co-founders, Kinetic
- THE NATURAL POWER COUPLE: Jo and Stuart Chidley, co-founders, Beauty Kitchen
- THE PLAYFUL SKINCARE PIONEER: May Lindstrom, founder, May Lindstrom Skin
- THE CLEAN BEAUTY COMMUNICATOR: Helen Yeardsley, beauty industry expert, Y Consultancy
- THE INSTA-READY INFLUENCER: Ailish Lucas, founder, The Glow Getter Collective
- THE TRUE BELIEVER: Emma Thornton, founder TRUE Skincare
- THE CHEMIST TURNED CHANGE-MAKER: Mark Smith, director general, NATRUE
- THE CLEAN BEAUTY CREATIVES: Elsie Rutterford and Dominika Minarovic, co-founders, BYBI Beauty
- THE NEW FACE OF ORGANIC BEAUTY: Alex Nicolaou, co-founder, NINI Organics
- THE ETHICAL EVANGELIST: Fiona Klonarides, founder, The Beauty Shortlist
- THE CHEMISTRY CONSULTANT: Dr Barbara Olioso, founder, The Green Chemist Consultancy
- THE VERACIOUS VEGAN: Victoria Wood, founder, Greener Beauty
- THE ORGANIC INSIDER: Georgia Barnes, head of business development for non-food, Soil Association
- THE DIGITAL ENTREPRENEUR: Ben Wigley, co-founder, Big Green Smile
- THE ANTI-PLASTIC PIONEER: Madhuri Prabhakar, project leader, Beat the Microbead
- THE HAIR APPARENT: Tabitha James Kraan, founder, Tabitha James Kraan Hair Organics
- THE GLOW-UP GO TO: Mel Jenkinson, founder, Glow Organic
- THE IMPERFECTLY NATURAL ADVOCATE: Janey Lee Grace, marketing guru, presenter and author
- SAYING ‘TA-TA’ TO TOXIC INGREDIENTS: Tata Harper, CEO, Tata Harper Skincare
- THE PEOPLE PERSON: Charlotte Vøhtz, CEO, Green People
- THE MAKE-UP MAVEN: Lou Dartford, make-up artist
- THE RETAIL REVOLUTIONARY: Sonia White, CEO, LoveLula
- THR AROMATHERAPY ARTIST: Lissa Basso, founder, Inner Senses
- RISING STAR: Zaffrin O’Sullivan, co-founder, Five Dot Botanics