There’s never been a better time to celebrate natural beauty. After a rocky couple of years, the new normal is coming into focus – and with it the people who can deliver the rejuvenating glow-up we all need to recover from a global pandemic.
Now’s the moment to spotlight success. And over the next few pages, you’ll meet some of the names set to innovate and dominate as natural beauty moves ever forwards. Expect to find some fresh faces alongside plenty of well-respected names in our highly anticipated industry hot list.
You’ll also discover a flavour of what’s coming next. This year the circular economy is a key theme, with winners thinking hard about the environmental effects of their products – from formulation to packaging. More educators have made the list too, proving that the experts care about securing a sustainable future for our sector, and the planet.
Congratulations to everyone who made this year’s Who’s Who in Natural Beauty – you’re all superstars. And, as ever, thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for their favourites. Your enthusiasm and dedication helps make natural beauty such an inspiring place to work. Here’s to 2022.
The Who’s Who in Natural Beauty 2021:
- THE WELEDA WUNDERKIND: Jayn Sterland, managing director, Weleda UK
- COOKING UP A STORM: Jo Chidley, founder, Beauty Kitchen
- BLOOMING TALENT: Lorraine Dallmeier, CEO, Formula Botanica
- THE SECTOR STALWARTS: Alex and Kim Barani, co-founders, Kinetic Natural Products Distributor
- THE RETAIL REVOLUTIONARY: Joanne Hill, founder, Amaranth Wellbeing
- THE TRUE PIONEER: Mark Smith, director general, NATRUE
- THE CREATIVE DISRUPTOR: Millie Kendall MBE, CEO, British Beauty Council
- THE BRAND WHISPERER: Helen Yeardsley, founder, Y Consultancy
- THE MANE ATTRACTION: Tabitha James Kraan, founder, Tabitha James Kraan Organic Hair Care
- THE DIY QUEENS: Elsie Rutterford and Dominika Minarovic, co-founders, BYBI Beauty
- THE NATURAL CHANGE-MAKER: Emma Thornton, founder, True Skincare
- THE PEOPLE PERSON: Charlotte Vøhtz, CEO, Green People
- THE CONSCIOUS CURATOR: Katie Hill, co-founder, My Green Pod
- THE ETHICAL EDUCATORS: Gail and Gareth Després, co-founders, School of Natural Skincare
- THE SHINING STAR: Ailish Lucas, founder, The Glow Getter Collective
- THE STANDARD-SETTER: Fiona Klonarides, founder, The Beauty Shortlist
- THE NATURAL RETAILER: Victoria Wood, founder, Greener Beauty
- THE NATURALLY INSPIRED SCIENTIST: Dr Barbara Olioso, founder, The Green Chemist Consultancy
- THE ORGANIC ORIGINATOR: Amanda Winwood, founder, Made for Life Organics
- THE PURPOSEFUL PIONEER: Laura Franklin-Hollier, CEO, Persephone Beauty
- THE DIGITAL DOYENNE: Sonia White, CEO, LoveLula
- THE PINK PAMPERERS: Luke Sherriff and Kirstie Allen, co-founders, Pinks Boutique
- THE GRINNING GURU: Ben Wigley, co-founder, Big Green Smile
- THE HOUSEHOLD NAME: Robert Tisserand, consultant and educator, Tisserand Institute
- THE MINIMAL MASTER: Zaffrin O’Sullivan, founder, Five Dot Botanics
- THE RISING STAR: Madeleine White, founder, Juni Cosmetics