Health Stores Ireland in association with Better Retailing Magazine has revealed the results of its Retail Awards 2020 as judged by an independent panel.
Alan McGrath, Health Stores Ireland organizer, commented that the awards – which this year were presented remotely – demonstrated members’ resilience and focus on excellence, with three new stores opened by members in 2020.
“The core values of education, community, environment, innovation and empathy assisted retailers through the most difficult challenges they are likely to face,” he said. “The sector will emerge from 2020 in good health.”
The main category winners were:
- Open Sesame, Ennis & Gort (Innovation & Development)
- Fruit n’ Nut, Portlaoise (Community Engagement)
- Natural Health Store, Wexford and Kilkenny (Training & Education)
- Healing Harvest, Kinvara (Environmental Initiatives)
- Dr Clares Apothecary, Galway (Digital Marketing)
In addition, Special Recognition awards were given to Aideen and Kieran Hurley from Evergreen Health Foods for Service to Retail and Ciaran Hurley, HealthReach and CKH Services, for Service to the Industry.
This year’s Pat Curran Award for Excellence in Service, voted by readers of Rude Health Magazine, went to Marion Moffatt of Nuts & Grains, Mullingar.
There are also four Product Awards shortlisted from Rude Health Magazine’s Tried & Tested products and voted on by secret member ballot. The winners were:
- Best Food & Drink Product: Spoonful Botanical Fermented Fruit & Spices.
- Best Nutritional Supplement Product: BetterYou DLux 3000 Vitamin D Oral Spray
- Best Natural Personal Care Product: Atlantic Aromatics Organic Rosehip Seed Oil.
- Best Environmental Product: Palm Free Irish Soap Laundry Dish-Washing Bar.
The full list of winners and runners-up can be seen here.