Returning for its sixth year, National Rice Week takes place 11-17 September with a new consumer campaign to raise the UK rice sector’s profile.
The Rice Association is once again calling on retailers, wholesalers, food businesses and foodservice to support National Rice Week by celebrating ‘one of the most convenient, easy to cook and great value foods available’.
The campaign will receive support from influencers, contributing a range of content from nutritional information and myth-busting to recipes and serving ideas for family meals and ‘fakeaways’.
Jon Calland, chair of The Rice Association, says: “National Rice Week is a wonderful opportunity for the whole food industry to celebrate the versatility of this great value grain, and help consumers learn more of the different ways to enjoy rice, appreciate its many benefits, and ultimately increase consumption. Rice can be used to create flavoursome, meals for every taste and type of cuisine – in fact UK consumers today enjoy the widest selection of rice varieties from across the world. We’re now calling on brands, retailers, wholesalers and foodservice sectors to get involved and celebrate National Rice Week this September.”
Ways to get involved include:
- Use the logo – available from The Rice Association – to promote the campaign in marketing activities
- Time the launch of new products with the campaign
- Hold in-store tastings and competitions
- Share content across social media using the hashtags #NationalRiceWeek and #RiceUpYourLife
- Ensure good awareness of National Rice Week across your whole business.