Bite-size pieces of news from Natural Products News
- Hownd has extended its Plant Powered Superfood range with the launch of what it says is the world’s first ready-made porridge for canines. Its Fresh Blueberry & Coconut Porridge with Chia & Oats is a nutritionally complete plant-based food for adult dogs.
- This year’s winner for Warehouse Assistant of the Year at the annual FareShare Volunteer Awards was shared between FareShare Sussex’s Hasan Hazeema and FareShare Southern Central’s Steven Clarke.
- Plant-based chocolate brand LoveRaw has launched into 133 WHSmith Travel stores and has significantly expanded the distribution of its Cre&m Wafer Bars with Holland & Barrett.
- In a collaboration between malt supplier Muntons Malt, supply chain consultancy Future Food Solutions and Yorkshire-based barley farmers, Heineken UK is launching a trial to explore how barley can be grown in a more sustainable way to help reduce CO2 emissions.
- Mintel says sales of oat milk almost doubled between 2019-20, with Brits spending £146 million on it in 2020, up from £74 million in 2019. By contrast, consumers spent £105 million on almond milk in 2020 compared to £96 million in 2019.
- Viridian Nutrition has announced that its range of topical products has been approved by the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny programme.
- Vaughan & Unwin – a women-founded British brand of bags made from organic Turkish cotton – has partnered with TEMA Foundation for its ‘Buy One – Plant One’ promise, donating a sapling for each purchase to build a Hope Forest in Edirne, Turkey.
- Natural brand MEDOVIE has received a Seal of Recognition accreditation from the National Psoriasis Foundation for its skincare products designed for those with acute skin conditions.
- Sweet Cures has appointed Gary Torbuck, formerly UK and ROI sales manager for OptiBac Probiotics, to head up its sales and deliver an ‘attractive trade offer’ aimed at independent retailers.
- Beauty Kitchen’s Seahorse Plankton+ has won the Responsible Beauty Award at the CEW Beauty Awards. Sponsored by Givaudan, this is the only CEW award voted on by an independent panel of experts.
- HayMax has been chosen as the 2021 winner of ‘Allergy Remedy Specialists of the Year’ in the London and South East Prestige Awards.
- Lady Showbiz has launched a limited edition nail polish in support of The Pink Ribbon Foundation for Breast Cancer Awareness month. For every Pink Sensation purchased, £6 will be donated to the charity.
- Love Hemp has appointed Social Chain’s sports brand SPORF as a new sports media partner. SPORF will work with the brand to publish unique content from UFC fights and training camps on its social media and digital channels.
- Entries are now open for the 2022 Free From Food Awards which this year celebrates their 15th anniversary. You can access more information and view the full list of categories here.
- 24 products registered with The Vegan Society’s Vegan Trademark took home prizes from the 16th annual Natural Health Beauty Awards this year.
Image credit: HOWND